Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Servants heart

Man I went to Hy-Vee on Tuesday, and every time I am in there I am blown away.

There customer service is second to none. Every employee I saw said "Hello, can I help you, or have a nice day".

Off the Hook. I am thinking of having a meeting at the church for all staff and volunteers and having some Hy-Vee management come in and train us on customer service.

It is so vitally important that we are friendly and outgoing, and ready to serve others.

Think about it the next time your in Hy-Vee.

I think we need to make sure in the busyness of the weekend worship experience that people know we have time for them. That we are just "doing our jobs," but we genuinely want to help them with their needs.

Jesus modeled that so well. He came to serve not be served. Help us to have that same spirit.

2 comments:

amain said...

I would also recommend Caribou Coffee for experiencing AMAZING service...especially the one at West Glen (by Super Target). Have you ever read the book "Raving Fans"? I had to read it for a job I once had. Same idea...gotta create 'raving fans' of whatever you are doing.

joshua said...

Agreed Caribou is awesome! They make a killer white mocha latte! Order it in a larger cup with extra whip. mmmmm