Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Chasing Turkeys

First before you go any further read this.

Perry Noble's Blog

Good, now that you have done that. I agree with him. I fit that profile to a T. I find myself wanting to defend to the "death" things that seemingly come against what I am passionate about.

Namely critical people. What I need to be careful about is not being critical of critical people, thus becoming a critical person. Did that make sense...

Perry, thanks for the insight from a dumb 'ol turkey.

Its funny how God can speak right to you from the simplest things if we would just listen.

So I apologize if my Pharisee comments crossed the line. ( I still have beef with them, but maybe I need to change my thought processes.)

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Great thought. I love the part about being transformed by the renewing of our minds. It implies it is a continual process. We need to be continually renewed!

Thank God he is doing that for me.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

I never miss Perry Noble! This post helped me a lot too. I don't think you really need to apologize for your Pharisee post. You are entitled to be frustrated occasionally and we all are a work in process!

becky said...

it's pretty cool when something like a crazy turkey can realign your thought process.
it's funny that you posted this, because yesterday I was just getting ready to go re-listen to your "dealing with critical people" sermon, i guess we all have to keep renewing our minds and spirit on that issue.
great post!