Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christian School

Just a quick note to see what everyone thinks about Christian school here in the metro. My littel girl is currently enrolled at Iowa Christian Academy. We have a few concerns, and are looking to possibly make a switch to Des Moines Christian. I am not sure if we are switching mid year, or waiting until next year or not doing anything. I plan to talk with both administrations this week.

The question I am pondering is what really went down with the two schools. I wasn't in Iowa at the time and am wondering what the truth is about the situation. Also what are your thoughts on switching mid year?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what really happened but I know Pastor Bill Bird, who is also a public school teacher, has his two daughters at DM Christian and the oldest is in 9th grade the youngest in 2nd. He may be a good resource for you. I have lots of contacts at Ankeny Christian Academy and it's an awesome school. Too bad it's probably too far for you to travel.

joshua said...

I went and spoke with DMC yesterday and I have to admit I was very impressed. We have decided to pull Awnna out and transfer her to DMC. She was a bit nervous at first, but after going to met her new teacher and seeing the school she cant wait!

Glenn Reynolds said...

DMC is a great school. ICA was started as a philosophical alternative. The primaary difference is that students at ICA are not required to be Christians, nor are their parents. I believe that the HS students at DMC are required to be Christians and at least one parent. Both are cool. One is focused on school as a possible outreach, the other wants to maintain a more "strict" Christian environment. That's my take on it. By the way, I've got two kids at ICA, but had the DMC Administrator speak at our church. I like both schools.

joshua said...

i agree, we have made the switch and awnna is excited. Hopefully we can get her in by the first of next week. thanks for everyones help and input