Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Caawfee

I have been at Panera now for a couple hours. We live in Central Iowa, right? And this is the place of no accents. News reporters speak like Mid Westerners. So it is nice and funny to hear some southern accents flying around my "office" this morning.

There is woman in a booth next to me that keeps referring to her caawfee, and this at thaat. (say that with two syllables and you got it.)

It is admittedly refreshing to hear. I have worked hard to correct my grammar and lose the "accent" that I have had in the past. Occasionally it will still come out. But not as often any more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, take it easy on us southerners! We are the spice to life.

joshua said...

I know, I know. I said it was a nice refresher!

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh - Iowans do have an accent to us and sometimes that pops out with you. It's pretty comical to hear the different word phrasing and pronunciation. "It's cute, though"
Love you big brother!
Kim