Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Blessing

I have really been thinking about "blessing" lately. Not the noun that we so commonly refer to as "I want a blessing." "That was such a blessing." "It would be a blessing if ..." No I have really been thinking about the verb blessing. The act of blessing. Bless in one form or another occurs 463 times in the Bible. It really means to speak to someome as you envision God's plan for them as you touch them if possible.

It happened over and over in the OT. Everyone was seeking a blessing from their authority. I firmly believe that there is power in words. Words can make or break a person. I have seen kids crushed by hurtful words, and others blossom when someone speaks affirmation into their lives.

One of the most destructive things that can happen in a childs life is to be rejected by their father. On the other hand one of the most powerful thing in someones life is to be blessed continually by their parents.

The very same principle applies to everyone's life. We need to be speaking blessings not cursings to those around us. We need to be praying blessing in the lives of our family and friends. We need to live in the blessing of God.

There are many types of blessing, or prayers of blessing. I think each has a powerful place in the life of a believer. One of my favorite prayers of blessings to pray, is to pray for a couples' unborn children. I think it is great to prayer that their children will be strong, healthy, and annointed of God to be successful in life and in the call of God.

We can pray blessing financially, emotionally, physically. I am not a guy that lives with his head in the sand, to say that nothing bad every happens in the life of a believer. So I am not saying that your faith isnt enough if you have trouble, I am saying though that their is power in what we say. And a prayer of blessing and words of blessing can change not only your life, but the lives of those around you.

So be blessed, prosper, and live healthy. Live in the divine destiny that God has created for you. He has plan custom fit for your life. So rest in His blessing.

No comments: