Thursday, January 05, 2006

Organic Church

Ok I am reading 3 books right now. Revolution by Barna, Blue like Jazz by Miller, and Organic Church by Neil Cole. All three are great. I started OC last night and I couldn't hardly stop. I need to finish all three before our new series starts!

I have to give you a quote from the forward by Leonard Sweet. He is setting things up by telling a story of minister walking down the street and a couple boys with a messed up bike yell and say, "Can you stop being a minister long enough to help us." The minister gladly helps and is awestruck.

Cole goes on to say that "If you want to win this world to Christ, then you are going to have to sit in the smoking section."

I am convinced that as Christ followers we have too often reclused to our little sanctuaries to just sing "Bind us Together." When the Great Commission is really about connecting with people outside of Sunday Morning in a life impacting way for the Christ follower and the seeker.

So as I reflect over my year last year and what I want to accomplish this year, my heart is broken. Because I know the past is gone and I have had missed opportunities to be "Jesus with skin" on to a lot of people. I am ready to start a Revolution. I know that comes with heartache, work, and rejection by many in the religious realm.

But as I look at Jesus, the ultimate revolutionary, he made all the religious people of his day upset. So much they killed him, but he started something that cant be reversed, even 2000 years later.

3 comments:

Dara said...

Hey honey! I am excited for the new sermon series! I love to see you in your element. Love you
D~

Anonymous said...

I love technology, but you can never read enough.
Let's start The Revolution.

joshua said...

I agree, I love to read, and I am trying harder to just push myself more to read even more than i have before. Revolution here we come.