Saturday, December 31, 2005

The end of the year

Here we are at the end of the year. The last two weeks have been a blur. We took about a week off to do the holiday thing, and get some much needed rest. I pretty much checked out and let my brain relax. I am actually not very good at relaxing, but I tried to do it this last week.

Today is the final day of the year, and a lot has already transpired this morning. Colin was up late and then up early, and I got a call from my dad saying my grandma has colon cancer. What a way to finish the year, huh?

I am fully aware that God can do a great thing in her life, and I believe that God is here. But I have to admit it zaps you. You just dont really expect that kind of thing to happen. I saw her a week ago and she seemed fine. There are suprises in life you just cant predict. They are running more tests today to see if it has spread. The docs said she has had it for years without knowing it.

On a brighter note tonight is our New Years Eve party which will be a blast. And we are gearing up for a big year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll be praying for her. I just found out yesterday that a dear friend from Berean has breast cancer. She is a wonderful woman of God and a terrific leader in children's ministry. Please remember Betty Abbell in prayer. I haven't heard how they plan to treat her yet.
Randy and I are glad you got some well deserved rest! We need a shepherd who doesn't suffer from burn-out! Love ya!

joshua said...

Thanks, i just spoke with my mom, and they havent told her yet that it is malignant. They are waiting to see if it has spread to other areas.

sorry to hear about your friend as well.