Friday, June 22, 2007

Time Management

I think this is an issue for everyone. I am hooked on the website 43 folders. I am reading a book about project management. We are going through our staff, and logging some time on when we work. We are making lists in the morning or the night before to accomplish what we need to get done.

But no matter how you slice it, time is a hot commodity. Once it is gone, it's gone.

I have some natural tendencies that aren't always good. I am a bit over the top in a lot of areas. One is working. I can get in the zone, be focused and seriously work to death. So in the last 6-7 months I have tried hard to purposely take some time to relax.

God set up the Sabbath for a reason. We all need rest. I have argued that physical work is relaxing for me, but its not really accurate. So yesterday, we had a late lunched planned. And I shifted some things around, so we could take a few hours as family time.

I shut my phone off, and we didn't tell anyone where we were going. The 4 of us just hung out, laughed and had a good time.

I want my kids to look back on their childhood and remember a Dad who spent time with them, not someone who only spent time with the people of the church. I want Awnna, Colin and for sure Dara to know that they are priority to me.

I know I am getting through, because, we did this a few weeks ago as well. I had cancelled some meetings and cleared the rest of the day. At the end of the day, Awnna told me thanks for clearing my calendar and spending time with them.

The truth is we only have 18 summers with our kids, don't let it get away from you. The memories you create now are what last for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
I'll publish on my blog!.
Thanks Frank
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com