Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Awnna

We were at Wal-Mart last night getting some things ready for Alpha. Awnna and Colin were both with me as we went through the line to pay. I as usual struck up some conversation with the guy who was checking us out. Danny was his name, and I just felt impressed to invite him to church.

So as I was chatting with him, looking for an opportunity to come up, Awnna says, "Dad, (and nods sideways with her head) are you going to, you know...?"

She was talking about inviting him to church. I asked if she wanted to do it. She shook her head, and pointed to me.

I then explained to the guy, what had just happened and handed him a James series card. He was super open and said he didnt go to church anywhere, and he really should com sometime.

Praying that he does.

What made my heart glad was knowing that Awnna is seeing opportunity to invite people and knowing that is what it is all about. I was pretty proud of her!

Investing and inviting. That makes the difference in the growth of our church! I am believing God to do some awesome things this summer. Be praying!

1 comment:

amain said...

Don't you just love it when your child is the person you hope to be??? I love learning and being inspired by my girls:)