Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Growing the church

I spent quite a bit of time connecting with people today, either or the phone or in person. I sure love making a connection and seeing peoples eyes light up.

I made 6 bread drops tonight to families that came for the first time this weekend. It was great. Everyone was receptive and I think they will enjoy the bread!

I also spoke with some that have missed a few Sundays in a row. It is my heart that everyone that comes, can really feel like they are a part of something real. I want people to know that they matter to me, and mostly they matter to God.

I makes my heart break when I see families who have had their feelings hurt, or a misunderstanding took place. Especially when I have seen such growth in their lives and their families. If you dont have a pastor's heart, you can't understand the feelings.

It really isn't about making sure JCFC is growing, and didn't lose a family, but it is making sure that the family stays connected. Of course we want to grow each week, and of course we want to see the family reconnected, but mostly I want to make sure the devil doesn't pull that new family backwards.

Our motto is helping people become fully devoted followers of Christ. I say all the time, I am willing to do whatever it takes. And I am.

I hope we reached some resolve today with this family.

I know that I was able to connect or re-connect with several others today, which was awesome!

No comments: