Thursday, June 07, 2007

Renewed Vision

In the past few weeks, God has really just renewed and enlarged my vision for this city. I am amazed at how he brings clarity in the midst of chaos. There are always times of pruning before growth. I feel like God is really pruning somethings in my life personally to set me up to grow as husband, father, and pastor.

Things that are healthy naturally grow. Plants naturally grow, children naturally grow, it is Gods natural design. I believe that we can and should be growing like never before.

It is going to take work on all of our parts. Not just mine. From here on out, we want to empower you to invite your families, and friends to the church! This weekend we will be giving out new tools to invite for the Deeper is Doing series.

You wont want to miss the conclusion of the 10 commands series. We are talking about getting out of the boat! We will be addressing ways to serve, and be a blessing to others!

We cant do this by ourselves.

Check this from Ecclesiastes 4:9,10,12

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:

10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

3 comments:

I'd rather be caving! said...

" A cord of 3 strands..." As God continues to grow and challenge this church Prayer over the decisions, moves and leadership becomes a higher priority.
I pray for these personally weekly and am excited to be able to do so.
I do feel led to ask: Are you able to find 5 min. on Sundays inbetween set-up and practice to pray. As well, how about the Music team, and Pastor Lori... Keeping the main thing the main thing... James 4: 2b
I would enjoy being apart of a prayer time for the leaders each Sunday. Even if it were only 30 seconds.

joshua said...

before the buzz, we all did meet in a seperate theater for about 15 minutes of prayer time for the service. But the BUZZ made that impossisble for me, as I was in the BUZZ. The band tries to make that happen, but sometimes with weird sound issues, it doesn't happen!

I am up for starting it back up again. I thought about it today, but with my tardiness....

Let's get back on that 9:45 train in 13 for 10 minutes of prayer!

Lori Eilers said...

Let's do it!