Monday, July 23, 2007

Row, Row Row your Boat

Have you ever watched the rowing teams in college? First those guys are lean! Second they all have to be rowing in the same rhythm with the same intensity. Successful rowing isnt just tossing a bunch of guys in a boat and telling them to handle it. It is a purposeful prescribed event.

Patrick Lencioni says in his book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, in the introduction that a friend of his said, "If you could get all the people in an organization rowing in the same direction, you could dominate any industry, in any market, against any competition, at any time."

Pretty profound thoughts. I whole hearted agree with this statement. The difficulty is getting everyone really rowing together.

I firmly believe that the problem with the church in the US and many of the local churches is that we are all rowing in different directions.

I am working hard to make sure we have a laser beam focus on what God is wanting to do in our community through JCFC. I have been praying and asking God for wisdom beyond my years. If you are not yet praying the 6 wings of pray, I challenge you to begin to do so.

I went on a 21 day Daniel fast earlier this year. I feel God is leading me toward a Daniel Fast again. I am not sure about time frame, but I am challenging you to pray and fast with me for the growth of the kingdom of God in our community.

I believe that the hope of the world lies within the local church that is committed to Christ and his teaching and authority!

Which way are you rowing?

No comments: