Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Organization

I don't know what has come over me, but I have been in this organizer mode. (I know all the women in my life that help me, shout hurrah) I have cleaned out my closet and have everything positioned and arranged. Took a big load to Good Will!

I spent some time yesterday cleaning out my computer and organizing files. It was a monumental task but very necessary. I challenge you, if you are at all like me, to just toss stuff. You don't need EVERYTHING, I know you think you are going to need it, but you probably wont.

I learned from the 43 folders a good trick. To create a folder on your desk top and mark it delete as of such date (one week from the day you create it). Put everything on your desktop in it! What you haven't used my next week, you should probably toss, or file appropriately.

I forced me to go through my whole documents folder, pics, music, movies, everything. I trashed a lot of stuff. Now I am set up, and ready to run.

It may sound stupid, but it helps to me know little things like that are done. In my mind I know and want to do things like this, but on one hand it feels like a "waste of time" to just organize. Really though, it helps me feel a little relaxed in the back of my mind.

Crazy, but I am becoming one of them...

The office is next.

No comments: