Friday, July 27, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. I am finishing up at the office today. Excited to go home and go on a much needed date with my lovely wife. I cant wait to see her.

Got my first disgruntled call from a random person today. A lady called and asked us to not put up signs any where in her entire neighbor hood. (We put out about 45 yard signs all over town yesterday afternoon). She then hoped that our church would grow and do well.

Our signs are a great advertising piece, and while we sure dont want to offend anyone, there might be someone in that neighbor looking for a place just like JCFC. I hope this lady is a part of a great church and just doesnt like yard signs.

I was very appreciative that she didnt toss the signs, but left them for me. I picked them up today.

If you need one for your yard, leave a post. We will get you one!

2. I have scheduled a work day tomorrow at the office! We are getting the cabinets set and organized, tops installed and things cleaned up! So if your in the mood to hold some heavy objects, and clean come on over around 10:30.

3. This weekend is going to be great as we look at sermon number 3 in the top 4 sermons of the Peoples Choice. We are looking at the lie "I am not good enough." Invite a friend via e-invite or the invites from your bulletin last week.

4. I am so stoked about our Baptismal service. Had coffee with another guy today who is on the list to get wet! Love it.

5. We are making plans to move the theater number 11 this fall! So exciting! It is going to be awesome! Two entrances and exits! More seats, better lighting. Same comfy chairs and cupholders! Look for it on September 2nd!

1 comment:

Jena said...

we'd love to put a sign in our yard :) we were excited to see a lot of them on the way home from church today!