Saturday, July 21, 2007

Black Red White

I don't read a lot of fiction books any more. I love a good fiction book, but I just don't make time for it. As you know from previous posts, I am good at reading several books at a time :)

Mark Main, our church minister of books, (his spiritual gift is books I think, as he is constantly putting a book in someones hand) gave me the audio version of Ted Dekker's trilogy, Black, White, Red.

I waited a bit to get into, but man, I just love them. It is like CS Lewis meets Frank Peretti meets Tim Lahaye. The books are great, and too involved to bring you up to speed here, but they have thrown me into a tailspin. I haven't been so moved to look at people through God's eyes in such a way from a fictional book ever.

I began to read them as a treat to myself, and found God using that very thing to compel me into the Great Romance he has for the entire world. Amazing to just ponder how much God loves his creation.

Thank you that you use the small things in my life to have such a major impact on me. God help me to continue to see people as you see them. Thank you for showing me your love, please continue to show me your heart.

3 comments:

amain said...

This is yet another great example of how God will use us as He sees fit, and not how we necessarily sees us. When Mark and I were first dating/ married, 2 ways that I would NEVER describe him...
1) out going to strangers, and now he has greeted nearly every Sunday for 2 years, and
2) a reader, and now our pastor has named him "Minister of Books".
God's way is just so much more interesting than our own way.

joshua said...

His ways are higher that our ways for sure!

Anonymous said...

It is killing me to wait for 'White'!! I have read the others and can't wait to finish the series!

May have to do some shopping on ebay tonight...