Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fall at the church

I have been spending some time analyzing the ups and downs of our church in the last few weeks. Where we are strong and where we are weak. We really do a lot of things well, I think. We have a great team that works hard, but given all that there are things in the theater we have to overcome.

Now, I love the theater, it is a great conversation piece. It allows an easy invite to the church. People always ask where do we meet for service. When they hear the theater, they are like how does that work?

But building community in the theater can be difficult. Also creating age appropriate kids experiences is vital as well. So here is what I am going to propose coming this fall.

We are going to be doing some theater moving around, and regrouping. I would love to see us split our kids program into several services. Two Nursery theaters, and three kids services.

The kids services would be Pre K, Kindergarten to 2nd grade, and 3rd-5th. That being said, it will require a lot of set up, tear down, and volunteers. But I feel like for us to continue to reach this city we need to step toward this. Parents with kids want their children in a service geared directly for them. ( I meet lot of people who want to bring their kids to church for the good moral teaching they learn as kids. So I am willing to do whatever to get the parents in to hear some good teaching for them also. So if that means working through the kids to win the parents, I am up for it)

I have run across some good used portable gear. It is only 8 months old and I can buy it for 70% of the new price. Quite the bargain.

I also am looking at moving the entrance we use. In the fall we are going to have a series called Chase the Lion, grabbing life by the mane. We are going to do that as a church as well. We are going to move to using the main entrance and have coffee bar area set up there for before service. It will open at 9:45 and be ready for everyone to fellowship together!

It is going to be great. We need all hands on deck so to speak, so get ready to volunteer and make a difference in some ones elses life! Remember how you have been impacted by God through JCFC and think about how you can impact someone else.

This is going to take some serious prayer, volunteers, and money. Pray about how you will fit!

No comments: