Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fasting

If you have been reading my blog, you will notice that we are wanting to do some fasting as a church. I mentioned last week about the Daniel fast. It is great. I am getting ready to fast again real soon.

Here is an excerpt from an email I got earlier today...

"I can't believe how much closer I feel to God - I realize its hardly a sacrifice compared to others, but I've never really done anything like this before. Yesterday I felt a little shaky with low blood sugar and instead of rushing home to eat snacks, I prayed and it was different than usual praying - its hard to describe, but it I felt a lot more powerful over my bodily urges than I ever have before. Anyway, I wanted to share my gratitude for recommending the fast..."

God is working on our behalf. Please consider the Daniel Fast soon for the fall growth of our church and your personal spiritual development.

No comments: