Thursday, November 10, 2005

Why do I blog

I really think blogging is important and it pushes me in a lot of areas. I am determined to make blogging more than just me muttering through my thoughts, but a real way for everyone to get to know me in a more personal way. I copied part of Mark Battersons blog from days gone by. It is in reference to his style of blogging in an interview with a man named Willbanks.

"For what it's worth, Wilbanks asked why I'm so passionate about the importance of blogging. It feels a little wierd quoting yourself :) But here is an excerpt. I guess I don't need to use "quote" marks :)The larger your church gets, the more important it is to blog. It allows the entire congregation to be part of my world, to feel like they really know their pastor. It allows the congregation to feel like you are touchable and approachable.I think the day will come when it will be hard to imagine a pastor not having a blog and using it as a way of communicating with the congregation at large."

I really feel like this is a part of who we are at JCFC. So invite your friends and others to check us out regurlay.

No comments: