Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Holiday Tree

I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick of hearing about the "holiday" debate verses Christmas. I realize it is important to not leave Jesus out of the Christmas season. I truly believe that, but haven't we all said Holiday before as people? I find myself saying Happy Holidays. I said in the last week to a lot of people, "How was your holiday?" I wasn't trying to leave Thanksgiving out.

Now with that being said, I know that many are trying to be PC by saying Happy Holidays so they don't offend anyone. I think that is over the top. I will say Merry Christmas, or if I feel like it, I will say Happy Holidays. I am not going to "not shop" at a certain store or boycott what ever chain or restaurant or soap company or...

I have general rule I live by, "I boycott boycotts!"

So don't be offended if I say some Christmas phrase you are boycotting.

I do think it is just dumb sounding to say "Holiday Tree" when everyone knows it is a Christmas tree.

If you get a chance try to catch the Glenn Beck program on 98.3 FM between 10 and 1 weekdays if you are in the Des Moines area. He has a great non offensive holiday song. If you like satirical humor you will crack up.

1 comment:

joshua said...

nate
kempers? right?

i do hear you. And honestly i have had some afterthoughts about this post. A man of another nationality that isnt from a "christian" nation said happy holidays to me the other day. I found myself quickly responding Merry Christmas. And feeling like he did that to be politically correct, i wanted to say Im not offened you can say merry christmas.

I agree that our nation is in danger. I hate the fact that i heard today the GW Bush send 1400 "holiday cards" this week without and Merry Christmas slogan anywhere.

Happy Holidays is just a phrase i have always said, and at times will continue to use. I do fight for the sanctity of life, marriage, and One nation under God. I firmly feel like we have been blessed by God becuase we have started this country with Him involved.

It is dangerous to remove His presence and sybmolism. I fear for our country.

Point well taken.

Dont worry, i am not easliy offended. I do think it is a bigger issue than just words, it is just sometimes people get caught in the hype of lets fight for this now, and I just weary of bandwagon Christians who are ready to die now but a week from now they could care less.

The christmas tree at the whitehouse has been a holiday tree since clinton, but nothing has been said about it till now.

So that being said, i dont think you are an alarmest. I i appreciate your heart.

thanks for hearing mine.