Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Good Coaching

I have been reading Andy Stanleys book The Next Generation Leader. It is truly amazing. I have been trying to put into practice some of the coaching principles he is promoting. He references King Solomon and hoe even though he was the wisest man to ever live still surrounded himself with men who could give godly counsel. Then as his son Reheboam took over and had the opportunity to really lead with courage and greatness, but instead of asking godly men questions he only asked the yes men in his life and because of such a dumb error the whole kingdom was divided.

It really is a shame when power goes to a man's head. I am trying my best to surround myself with great people so that i can learn from them. I have been talkng regularly now with a couple different church planters who have really given me some great counsel. I m trying to imement the solomon priniple of listening to wise men. Check out theaterchurch.com and peopleschurch.tv both sites are very cool and doing great things.

No comments: