Thursday, November 03, 2005

a new day has dawned

well, first let me say sorry for that last post with the picasa thing. i am learning all about blog, and vlog, and url photo, but i dont really have a handle on all of it yet. So that last post was my attempt to get a pic up on my blog. I am looking for a way to design my blog to be as sharp as www.markbatterson.com if you havent been there check it out.

We as a team have been going over all this technology apsect of ministry and are doing our best to be on the cutting edge so to speak. I fully realize that what we say needs to be the same. I beleive with all my heart that Christ died so that we can live with him, his shed blood is the saving grace of our lives. Some would say that some of the medium we use to communicate that truth is shallow or not important, but remember this if we are not culturally relevant we are dead. The church has made it as an entity today globally becuase it has been open to changing communication styles and venues down through the ages. I beleiev that one of Americas faults in continuing the amazing spread of the gospel like in the rest of the world is its lack of relevance to society today. amny i speak with simply say the church has nothing to offer them today. They dont see the need, nor the relevance. It is simply viewed as a starchy place full of rules.

Think about this though, If it wasn't paramount that Jesus new the language, lived the customs and understood the ins and outs of society. He could have just came as a man and said this is what you have to do to follow me. But he didnt he grew and learned and coexisted with society so that they had a connection point with him. He spoke in the langauge that immediately got their attention and held it with life application parables and stories that they understood.

Interesting to me that a vast majority of churches want to speak so that others dont get it on sunday mornings....
what about looking to Jesus as the example for the ultimate communicator...

2 comments:

Editor said...

who are you apoligizing to?

joshua said...

anyone who is reading. hey, i am new to this.