Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dreams

I love to dream. I always have. I have read and studied dreams. I dream when I sleep very vividly. I dream when I am awake as well. Sometimes I get carried away and it is Josh being crazy and other times I feel God is showing bits of reality in my dreams.

I dont think every dream is prophetic. We do see some examples of prophetic dreams in the text, but not every prophet dreamed dreams. At least they werent recorded.

My mom has this recurring nightmare about going down a steep hill in STL called Antire Hill (westbound on 44 between VAlley Park and Eureka). She is dreaming that here brakes go out and she cant make the turn at the bottom of the hill. She crashes and dies into the concrete dividers....

Being the researcher that I am, I used to see how fast I could go down the hill without touching my brakes before i lost control. I never lost control. I told my mom after several attempts that she wasnt going to die if her brakes go out on that spot.

Do you know what though, it didnt stop the dream. I proved it to her that she wasnt going to die, but she kept having that nightmare.

Why is it though, when we have a dream to do something great, and one negative person says you cant make it, you stop. They kill the dream. Why? Why do we let ourselves be crushed by something as stupid as one persons thought?

Again I love to dream. I have been dreaming about a person to do video editing, and just run with the media department at our church. I have dreams of a church that produces drama that rivals speilburg. I dream of sermons that are interactive. Even stages moving on either side of center stage with drama happening as I speak reinforcing the application I am driving home. Lights and sound that communicate the feeling of the story we are telling.

I have been dreaming of this for a long time. Yesterday I had lunch with a guy who is going to take us there. Joe is one of the newest guys on our team. He gets the vision and the ideas, and the concepts of who we are and where we want to go. He has passion and drive and i am ready for the journey that we are on!

Joe is already working on several projects for us and I am excited to see what unfolds.

Check back soon or check out Sunday services at Jordan Creek Mall.

No comments: