Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A cold snowy day

Did you know on a snowy day of 20 degrees your car can overheat? Yeah i didnt know either until today. (i do understand the coolant cycle of an engine, and how all that works, but i never thought about it happening to me).

Well it can, and it does happen, and it did today on the way to take Awnna to preschool. It was "lovely" to say the least. But apparently my car is still having some coolant issues that caused me to question God, the weather, snow, purchasing a new car, driving this one off a cliff and filing an insurance claim...

But anyway I often try to ask myself what can I learn from a situation. (at this time I would like to go into some deep theological and very spiritual dissertation from the bible) Well, I can't figure anything out.

This much I do know. I know that God has aplan for our church, I know that God is allowing me to be shaped and molded for His glory. I know that I am hard wired for worship of God, as we all are. I know that even though it is cold out, God is constantly trying to get my attention and speak to me through every medium available.

I ask myself, do I look for opportunities to really invest in others as God is trying to invest in me? Am I really passionate about what he was layed out for me in my life? What am I doing to try to become a better person? What am I doing to try to be more like Christ? Do i live a perfect life? NO WAY. But does that cause God to stray from me? Just becuase something isnt right in my life, does God say that dumb josh, when is he going to get it?

Do I leave my kids on the corner when they misbehave? No, I discipline them, but love them, and encourage them to be everything they dream of becoming.

So when my car breaks down, do I stop driving cars? Should I just ride the bus or take my bike? No I fix the problem and move on.

Why is it in Christianity that when someone falls, or sins, or messes up whenwant to through them out? We say, "Look at that guy he did that 19 years ago, and he is trying to help with the offering. Can you believe that?"

Is the church here to condemn or encourage? I firmly believe that if we minister to the hurting we wil never lack an audience. Why you ask? Have you been hurt? Are you hurt? Do you deal with pain or just shelve it and hope it goes away?

Each of us, if we will truly be honest, has hurts that we need to adress. Jesus said he came to this world so that we can live more abudantly. He didnt say just deal with it. I believe that Jesus has a plan for a life for each of us that is more than we could ever ask or think of. It really comes down to if we want it or not.

Do you?

No comments: