Friday, November 18, 2005

Ready to be Baptized?

Well I am off to baptize 4 believers. I cant wait. It is truly one of my favorite things to do. We are speaking this weekend about baby dedications and baptism. Why we do them and what is the biblical significance. I love studying the Word of God to find out why we do something. I am thrilled when I find it isnt just some tradition that I have taken for granted, but it really is rooted in God's word.

The practice of baptism goes back even before Christianity. It simply symbolizes the fact you are aligning yourself with a certain teacher or school of thought. I am glad to say that I am Christ Follower and have been baptized into His church!

Awesome.

4 comments:

amain said...

LOVED todays service and message about baby dedication and baptism. In your sermon, you mentioned something to the effect that dedicating a baby to God is setting the path which God has intended for them. Do you have that written anywhere? I really liked how you said it, and would like to include that message in my girl's baby books.

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joshua said...

I am posting the transcript right now. My plan is to post the transcipts by monday morning. so next week will be better.

joshua said...

And when we entrust our children back to God—we secure for them the covenant of God’s best purpose and plan for their lives.