Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Whiplash

So yes I have whiplash. It is a very interesting story as well.

On Monday I went over Mark Main's Office. His dad, Bill, has a huge tomato patch that he said I could have as many as I want. I love fresh tomatoes and miss not having them from our family garden as a kid.

Anyway, I went to pick some. They had a nice hogwire fence around the perimeter to keep the rabbits out. I was talking on my phone to a guy and thought I will just reach over a get a nice big round one. What I didnt understand is that the black and yellow braided twine looking rope across the top of the fence was actually .... you guessed it.... electric fence. Now I grew up seeing electric fence, even touching it a few times. But it had all been METAL! This looked like twine!

Needless to say when my chest touched the wire, which had been turned up to keep the deer out, my body completed the circuit to the ground.

I yelled, dropped my phone, and fell to my butt. It is one thing to know you are going to touch the fence, but entirely another when it hits you in the chest and changes your heart rhythm.

It immediately locked up my upper back and neck. I had hoped it would get better, but I could barely move yesterday getting out of bed. I made a quick appointment to Dr Hassel (my chiro). He checked me out gave an adjustment... argh. Laughed as everyone has, and said I have whiplash from jerking away from the fence...

I feel better today, but not 100%

Tomatoes. Hmph.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ha HA! and the moral of the story is to not be on the cell phone while picking tomatoes!

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Ouch, I am sorry!! Hope and pray you feel better soon!
Guess you aren't planning on going tomatoe picking anytime soon? ;o)
(Hate to say it, but Lindsay has a good point....)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I am laughing so hard that when I went to answer the phone I couldn't stop and nearly started choking!

That's gotta leave a mark ;)

Angela said...

I hope you got some REALLY good tomatoes!

amain said...

That electric fence is for rabbits, deer and wandering pastors...

amain said...

Mark said:
"It's only like 12 volts. Wimp."

joshua said...

Thank you guys for all your loving support! You truly are the best friends a guy could ever ask for! Oh wait...

Seriously it is funny.

Lori Eilers said...

I would have paid money to see that! Could you do a reenactment? Now for the rest of your life if you start jerking when you see tomatoes, we'll understand.