Saturday, November 17, 2007

Triathalon

Well next week I start my "soft" training for the tri next summer. I am fairly confident about the running, and the moderately confident of the biking, but the swimming? Not so much.

The tri is like this swim almost mile, bike 24, then run 6.

Yeah, this is the soft training until after Christmas. Then I will step it up and really hit it.

I need to shed about 10 lbs of fat. Going into the Holidays heavier than I want is not exciting, but good motivation to only eat 1 piece of pecan pie not a half! Which I could easily do!

I will keep you posted.

Anyone ever competed in a tri before?

3 comments:

rrogness said...

From what I hear, the swimming is the hardest part – even for the seasoned athletes.

Smart man to go into the holidays knowing you have to shed weight. It will make things much easier to turn down... than trim down.

daine said...

i could go two ways on this one. I could say fine sucker I'll eat your pie and mine too. or i could say totally broseph i am with you we'll both go to the track and run while every one else is still sleeping and well turn down the pie together. I do want mom to cook this year. going to El Carro is nice but um it is not what i drive 900 miles for!

joshua said...

I am thinking of taking a few swimming lessons, just to make it better all the way around.

Daine, I am with you on the running, and the home cooked food!