Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday

I had several meetings today that went very successfully.

7.45 Met with Christian as we discussed Life Groups for the January Term. He has some great ideas and direction. I am so excited to see some actions steps in place to make our Life Groups a great connection place. We will have some training and meetings coming together soon.

Get ready you are not going to want to miss Life Groups in the spring. A place of discipleship, discovery and community!

9.00 met with Jeff Mullen at Point of Grace. He was able to give us some HR material that will be invaluable to us. He shared with me some mistakes they had made, and challenged me to put some principles in practice that will help us! He also gave me some of the forms they use that will save me a pile of work! Awesome.

10.00 Met with Kevin Starkey. Kevin is going to be heading up our Creek Kids Administrator position as an interim. He will also be taking a proactive role in a Creative Arts area.

Kevin has a lot of ability in a lot of areas. I am so excited to have him on board with us. He is really one of those "go to" kind of guys. He will be taking on a lot of other responsibilities with the church as the months role on.

We are actively addressing the Creek Kids Administrator position. I have several things in mind, and am just waiting on some clear direction from God. If any one you want to be a part of our Creek Kids and hear the Vision of what is to come, then join us MONDAY night at 7 at the office!

11.30 Met with Ed Sustala, and he bought me lunch and shared some very valuable leadership principles he has learned through his years of management. Very enjoyable lunch and good food at the Star Bar on Ingersoll.

Came home so Dara could take her drivers test while the kids napped. (She accidentally let her license expire! In Iowa you have 60 days before you have to retake the written. She studied a bit and aced it)

While I was home working I got a coffee craving. We have this French Press at the house, I had never used. Sooo. Ground up some French Vanilla and "presto."

Smooth, rich, oily coffee! HMMM.

Lastly, my Camping Axe finally came in! I have been waiting for weeks for it! (I know, most of you dont care, but its a Gransfor Bruks. If you dont know what that is, you probably dont care! But it is a premier axe!)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like a productive day.
But, there's just something a little creepy about the picture of our pastor with an axe!

joshua said...

Um, yeah. I wasnt thinking about that! I was just so excited! Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I know that look! :)