Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sunday's Coming

Do you ever just feel like the weekend just sneaks up on you? For me, it seems to every week. I know the weekend is the the main event for what I do, and I love that. But on occassion it just seems like, Wow, here it is.

Well I am pretty stoked about tomorrow. We are right in the middle of Galatians, chapter 3 namely. I love Galatians. It just deals with the Church just like it is today.

We have missed the mark on so many things when it come to the text. We have missed the spirit of what Paul was saying, and times I feel like we have missed the entire thought of the New Testament.

I mean what it is really about? Is it about making sure everyone fits our mold? Is it about what we think the text says? Is it about watering everything down so we dont really say anything? Is it about being harsh and judgemental?

NO. Its not about any of those things. I keep landing on Galatians 3:13-14

"Christ redeemed us from that self-defeating, cursed life by absorbing it completely into himself. Do you remember the Scripture that says, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"? That is what happened when Jesus was nailed to the cross: He became a curse, and at the same time dissolved the curse. And now, because of that, the air is cleared and we can see that Abraham's blessing is present and available for non-Jews, too. We are all able to receive God's life, his Spirit, in and with us by believing—just the way Abraham received it."

and then Galatians 2:15
"We know very well that we are not set right with God by rule-keeping but only through personal faith in Jesus Christ. "

Got to love that! Its not about what I do, or have done. I cant earn it, nor have i ever deserved it. But while we are still sinners, Jesus extends his love toward us.

Unconditionally. Without a hook. No strings attached. Just pure love.

Amazing really.

No comments: