Sunday, October 21, 2007

Des Moines Marathon

We this morning I tackled the Des Moines Marathon. Well actually I ran the half. 13.1 miles.

Sounds easier on the front side of the marathon. It was a great experience and I was glad I was a part of it. I didnt log a killer time or anything, but was so pleased I finished.

The funniest moment of the day was when I was rounding mile 9. I hear a motorcycle coming on my left, honking saying, "move to the right, the Kenyans are coming."

The "Kenyans" were on mile 22 or 23 when I was crossing mile 9. Three of them. Amazing. They run so effortlessly. They didnt even look like they were working. I think one guess was working on PDA, making business deals... :)

Met a couple nice guys, and ate some GU. You should try some... and lots of water.

BTW, I hear everyone hit it out of the park today. I havent gotten an official count yet, but I think we broke a record.

Awesome, maybe I need to be gone more often.

7 comments:

Kent said...

Congratulations on running the half today!

amain said...

Way to go, Pastor Josh! We are all so proud of you!!
And even though Kevin did a GREAT job, you were missed!!!

daine said...

man i am so proud of you.
Oh and that gu stuff is good on a toasted bagel!

Lori Eilers said...

Nicely done my friend. I still don't get the whole running for fun thing but more power to you!! If I would have been you and heard "move to the right, the Kenyans are coming.", I wouldn't have been able to finish the race. I'd be doubled over laughing....not a line you expect to hear in a lifetime. :)

joshua said...

Thanks guys. It was a blast! And the Kenyans line was too funny.

Jenn said...

You should be really proud of yourself. I'm totally impressed I don't think I could run 13.1 blocks. You were oh so missed though!

MelindaBeth said...

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!! I'm with Jenn---I couldn't run 13.1 blocks either. Apparently our pastor is just multi-talented! :)