Saturday, October 20, 2007

Church Buildings

I love it that the kids of our church have no idea what a "church" is. I love it because it helps us to realize that the church is about people not buildings. Several of the kids on the church have never been to a "traditional church building."

Angela Sustala was telling me that her son Jake was in the car the other day and they drove by a church building. He looked up and asked her, "What is that place?"

She replied, "That is a church."

He quickly responded, "Well it doesn't look like one."

I love it. We can have church everywhere, anywhere, anytime. Because church is made up of Christ Followers. Sure we will have a building that is "ours" someday, but I pray we always keep the mindset its not about the facility.

2 comments:

amain said...

I can assure you that I have an entirely new perspective on 'going to the mall' now. Lisi LOVES to go...because it reminds her of going to Creek Kids!!

MelindaBeth said...

That is the CUTEST thing!!!! I love what kids say! :)