Friday, September 28, 2007

Stream Lining

I am passionate about working in my strengths. I fully realize that my gifts are what God has blessed me with. The weaknesses I have are ok too. I am not less of a person or a believer if I dont have organizational giftings. ( Amy Main claims her spiritual gift is paper! Angela Sustala loves to organize and handle data.) Me on the other hand, not so much.

I love to dream, and to look forward and build and be challenged to climb even higher. But in those gifts I have that are strengths, I am consciously improving on some of my weaker areas. I have tried to surround myself with organizers, and detail people. In the past years that has began to rub off my in some areas.

I am working to streamline what I do and what I dont do. I have this conviction, that you cant do a hundred things well. I am working at delegating and empowering others around me so that the gifts I do have can be utilized 100%.

It breaks down like this for most people. The things you naturally do well, (your gifts) often get back burnered. So that you can focus on strengthening your weak areas. This model though can only make you average at best. You will never excel in your weaknesses. But if you put the majority of your time growing your giftings... Then you can give your best to God.

I firmly believe that excellence honors God. Excellence is simply our best. By now means is that perfection, but the best we can do with God's help.

No comments: