Tuesday, August 01, 2006

515 Alive

Wow What an amazing event this was. There were over 6,000 people in attendance and it was smoking hot! We passed out 2500 water bottles with our name and logo on it, and we were out by 9:15! I keep going back to that scripture were Jesus says, "if you give a cup of water in my name..."

Here are some of the break dance competition. These guys were off the hook! Crazy in shape!

The event cooridantor called me today to thank me for such an awesome booth and the service that we provided. He said more than once, "that we kept a lot of people from taking an ambulance ride." He said if it wasnt for the water we gave out, he would have been one of the passengers.

We were thrilled to have been a part of this urban event. We didnt see anyone in church yesterday from event. (which we expected) But we know that those people who were there saw the love of Christ and realized that Christians arent so crazy after all. The next time they are in a hard spot, they are going to think about Jordan Creek Family Church. The church who cares enough to give away free water....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew this would be a good idea, but I was BLOWN away by the response we got from people. Everybody was polite and appreciated our efforts a lot. It was also fun and liberating to represent Christ without the pressure to tell people they have to get saved. Just showing them we cared by giving them free water with no strings attached. It didn't matter if they were covered with tattoos, had wild hair, were painted with make-up, or looked "normal." I enjoyed the short talks with everybody and the couple of guy hugs I got! A "cup of water in My name" can do wonders for the recipient and the giver a like. I recommend this type of ministry to everybody.