Thursday, August 17, 2006

Becoming a Regular

I ripped this off my friend Bruce Chant's blog about how to become a "regular!" Awesome.

Bruce writes:
#1 Visit the same restaurant three times in the first month, then once a month ongoing. These are minimums, visit more if you like.
#2 Use your name and theirs. Hi [server], my name is [me]…
#3 Use the restaurant for a party, catering, or other service.
#4 Bring new friends (customers) and introduce them. Use this as an opportunity to stay in touch friends.
#5 Tip on free benefits, or you won’t receive them anymore.
#6 Treat servers as if they have more knowledge of the menu items than you , because they do….

In the suburban situation we find ourselves in at Northshore we are constantly looking for ways we can come alongside the people we live with in our local area. Becoming a regular - not just at restaurants but also cafes, service stations, newsagents, post offices, even supermarkets - is certainly a great way to enter the world of someone else near by you for the sake of Christ.

Great Post Bruce. It is almost a game to me when I go into a place of business. I love to try to find out as much as possible about the server/owner/attendant I am talking to.

I am fully aware that part of that is just the way I am wired, but I also think as Christ followers we need to be able to invest in people's life. We can begin that by just showing some real care for people.

No comments: