Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blessings everyone.

I want to encourage you in all you are doing. I know that this is a vast undertaking, and I have been praying this week for each of the families in our church.

I am a firm believer in that Jesus' will is for all to know Him. Knowing Him requires repentance and turning our life over to Him. It is a big step for people. It is happening, and I am focusing new efforts to disciple those who have made commitments.

Romans 10:13 is one of my favorite texts. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved...

Awesome, simplistic, real, genuine promise from God.

It's the next verses that really shake me up. It was brought back to my attention this week, and I haven't been able to shake it.

14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

I don't want to be guilty of not "preaching" the Good News in its fullness. I don't want to be guilty of simply not preaching when I have the opportunity. Of course I don't mean I have to be standing on a box downtown yelling. But I do mean I want to be one who is actively seeking opportunities to share Gods story of redemption.

He is in the redeeming business you know...

No comments: