Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Update

Another chilly Sub-zero day. I have to say, it was cold going out to start my truck early yesterday morning. Despite the freezing weather, we had a great service.

Dara and the band did a great job leading everyone in worship. It truly was good, and God was touching people! I love to look around and see people engaging with God. At the start of the sermon they covered the song Dirty Little Secret by the All American Rejects. They really did a great job, we have some really gifted musicians.

I spoke about Secrets, and how our life is like a fish bowl. If we dont let God do some routine maintenance we get full of algae and nasty on the inside. It is time to allow God to clean us from the inside out.

Great attendance with 8 new families! A few from the Article in Juice Magazine about the up and coming churches in Des Moines that we were featured in.

I am going to be blogging for Juice on a weekly basis along with a few other pastors in town as well. Going to be great.

I am off to take some food to the Bridge people at 80/35 and Hickman tonight. Its a cold snowy evening to be sleeping under the bridge.

No comments: