Monday, January 07, 2008

New Week, New Month, New Me

Jazzed about this upcoming week. There is a lot on the plate, but great things.

A couple things I am working on this year for my family and the church.

1. I am saying no to the good things to be able to say yes to the great things

2. I m structuring time better this year. (it is so easy to over book appointments and not actually be able to deliver because of time crunch)

3. I am making sure my family is first. We are designating time each week to just be us, and guarding it like a pitbull. At the end of this thing, I want my kids to look back over their life and say I loved my Dad being the pastor of JCFC. Not it was terrible growing up as a preachers kid...

4. I am determined to make sure everyday my wife knows how much I love her. I also want everyone else to know that.

5. I am committed to being a better listener. It is easy for me to check out and be planning the next meeting or thing in my mind.

6. Vision, Vision, Vision.

7. I am competing in the the Des Moines Triathlon this year. I want to be successful in that. I am lowering my body fat percentage by 7% by the time of the event!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good for you and your family. I'm sure it will make life so much better to see these goals that you have set.