Thursday, January 31, 2008

City Wide Church


Had a great lunch today with several pastors in the city. There is a movement beginning here in Des Moines to do some city wide mens groups. Each church is partnering together to help men become real men. Ed Nichols from Hope has had God dealing with him about this for quite some time.

We have been using Men's Fraternity this year, specifically "The Quest for Authentic Manhood." It has been great.

This new para-church ministry will be loosely based around Mens Frat and linking lay leaders from different denominations, ethnicities, and age groups together. I think it is going to change the face of Des Moines.

Super Pumped.

Greatest quote from the day was from Michael Hurst from Elim Fellowship.

"The largest church in this city are the people who don't go"

That should do something to us.

God stir me, move me, break me, help me to see this city with your heart.

No comments: