Saturday, November 04, 2006

Overseers at New Life Findings

I just read the Press Release that deal with the findings about Ted Haggard.

It is really a sad day for the Church right now. I think we need to all pray for New Life Church in Colorado Springs. You can go to their website at www.newlifechurch.org

I hate to hear about his kind of scandal. Actually any kind of scandal at all with in the church. It frustrates me, hurts me, and leaves me broken on the inside. I am broken that a the leader of a church he started could get so messed up that it comes to this, I am broken for the congregation, I am broken for the staff, I am broken for Colorado Springs...

I sit in my office, and pray that God helps me to maintain what I know as truth. I am fully aware that each of us can fall just as he has, but it is my prayer for my family that I stay true so they aren't subjected to this kind of pain.

Honestly it scares me to death. Not that I am on the verge right now of some kind of failure, but I don't want to fall into the traps that can lead to that kind of thing. As our church grows, as I grow, pray for me and for my family.

Satan wants nothing more than to destroy the church. It is the stronghold that keeps him from thriving.

Pray for New Life Church.

No comments: