Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dream time

The past few days have been great for me. I have done a lot of driving and a lot of thinking. It is good to just let your mind dream as you drive or drift off to sleep. I love imagining what our church is becoming and what it will become.

I so often camp out on the text in Jeremiah 29:11-14a

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with your whole heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.

Powerful, huh? Isn't it crazy to think that God is planning on things happening in your life? Do you ever wake up in the morning and consider that God is working on your behalf today. I mean, really, Jesus the Son of God is ever interceding at the right hand of the Father for your sake. You think you don't matter, or you don't count. Think again the creator of the universe prays for you every day.

Changes the thought process up a bit. Every step is planned... Do we recognize that? Do we respond that way? How many divine appointments do we miss everyday just because we are not thinking like Jesus thinks?

No comments: