Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

Well today was a crazy day. Andy called me this morning about 7.30 explaing to me that the truck wouldnt start! Argh. All of our kids church, nursery, lights and some of our sound is in the truck. We also have all the stable and manger scene for the drama today!

I buzzed over to the offices to try to help, and after a battery run to Wal-Mart, we tried again to get her started. But by almost 9 it was a lost cause. She has some issues.

So we ran a skeleton set up today, but all things said it went well. Too short spoken word pieces from the thoughts of Mary and Joseph intermixed within some great acoustic Christmas carols.

We even had a special appearance by Mr Aiden Kempers in a stellar role as baby Jesus. His debut acting endeavor.

Well we are on our annual Christmas journey, racking up the miles, but seeing a lot of family we miss though out the year. I will try to post a few times this week, before we get back in the swing of things next week!

2 comments:

rrogness said...

It was a great service. Especially the candlelight portion... and of course Aiden and Nate up in front together. Great stuff... made me proud to be a member of the church. Happy New Year, everyone!

daine said...

Josh when you say spoken word stuff i was thinking about Russel Simons Def Jam Poetry. Have you ever seen it?
I think that is the only way i will be able to read the Christmas story from now on.
"mary say - makes me have a baby in the barn. why? to grow up unable to close doors be hind him. to give me even more cause to say, not in my house to any girl he brings home for his birthday.
I will have this child in the barn. but i will also start my own brand of his religion where folks take note on my sacrifice. I like hard plastic dolls of me and pictures. here let me smile all sad, stand on horns and look down. do all the dolls and pictures like this. and have none of the ministers at my church have a wife i would have to tell to get out my kitchen. Peace.

I love you Josh