Friday, May 25, 2007

Todays a good day

Just some perspective that everyday is a good day. I know we all face times that are difficult and bleak, but God created the day and He created it good.

So just take a moment and remember that it is ok.

I have been thinking about a lot of things lately. Stream lining, and changing, ad doing. I just want to make sure my priorities are right and aligned with what God wants.

Some times I find myself like Paul, when he said, "the things I want to do I dont do, and the things i don't want to do, I do."

I am praying thought, that with God's help, I can do the things he wants me to do.

I am taking a couple day break next week, for a short mini vacation with Dara. It is our anniversary next Tuesday. 9 Years!

It will be good to take a couple days and regroup. I am in the process of laying out some clear goals for the church over the next 5 years, and back them down to bite siz steps.

Things like how do we grow to 200 by Christmas? When do we purchase land, and look at a building project? What about staffing as we grow? Are the flt needs of the congregation being met? Are the needs of this community being met? What are the needs of this community?

The big questions are, are we staying missional, or have we slipped into maintenance mode?

How do we learn to serve, how do we model servanthood to others?

This weekend we are looking at John 13 where Jesus washes the feet of the disciples. He portrayed true servant leadership. Looking at Jesus example, begs the question, "why do we lead?" Why do you want to be in front? Why do I do what I do? Why do you?

Is it for a title? Is it for recognition? Is it some pride based thoughts? Or are we learning to follow the example of Jesus Christ?

So I have a lot on my mind. I didnt mean to get that deep!

No comments: