Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hanging out at Wells

This weekend we completed sermon number 4 in the 10 commandment series. Hanging out at Wells was something Jesus did on a regular basis.

I think it is paramount for believers to have lots of friends who are not part of the church. It is funny to me especially when a pastor only has friends with in the church body. We see Jesus with other believers yes, but often he was found with those who wasn't following him.

Today we should be living the same principles. It is crucial that we are building relationships with the people we come in contact with in our life. It is about helping people move closer to God.

Jesus' last command was to tell others about Him. I love the fact that the Bible teaches us to be with people. I hate hearing about this communal kind of thing happening, where people hole up in the mountains and never impact society.

I pray that as I move closer to God, I can be helpful in moving others closer to Him as well. I love the spiritual journey God has us on. I am growing in Him regularly as many in our church are too.

I love hearing the stories of those who have taken faith steps in Him. Who have decided that no matter what they would center their life on Jesus. I know that it is still difficult, and believers have issues, but I am so thankful for grace.

Grace. So simple, yet so often overlooked. It means that we are no longer condemned. (Romans 8:1)

Grace. Forgiveness when we don't deserve it (Romans 3:23 and 6:23)

Grace is the reason God came as a man. Grace is the reason I am passionate about wells. Grace is the reason I am believer today. Grace is the reason my father gave his life to Jesus some 33 years ago this weekend and changed my life forever.

Amazing Grace.

1 comment:

Lori Eilers said...

One of the things I love most about my pastor is that you are not afraid to "hang out at the well." I love how you are always looking for ways to reach people whether it be in your neighborhood or with your hobbies. You don't have that need to announce everywhere you go that you are "the pastor"...you are Josh first and let them see the real you. Thanks for always being a good example of how to build relationships in order in speak into someone's life.