Friday, March 23, 2007

A week in review

I cant believe that it is Friday already. I am sitting in our green chair in the corner of the bedroom, just collecting my thoughts for the week. Wow, it has just flown by.

I am trying hard to take Wednesdays off, I am 2 for 3 now in 3 weeks. Pretty good. This Wednesday I took my new bike out for a good breaking ride. I also realized that I was glad we were riding on a nice trail and not a good old dirt track. Get in better shape man!

We also took the kids to the Science center this week. They loved it.

Tonight we finished off the week with diner at Flemings. A very nice steakhouse at Jordan Creek. Upscale. New York Strip, hmmm.

Then headed off to see Jars of Clay play at Val-Air. They were good, but the opening band Need to Breathe was awesome. I am a new fan....

I had several productive meetings this week and some critical conversations. I used to fear some confrontation, but have grown to understand that conflict facilitates change. And change is good.

Dara is helping me become more organized, I still am a "piler," though. I am working on not just making piles of papers. We sat down last night, and sorted through a bunch of sermon series ideas I have for the rest of the year.

We have some killer stuff coming! We are doing an easter Mini-series called He Came, He Conquered. Then the 10 Commandments of JCFC, followed by a chapter by chapter teaching on James called Deeper is Doing.

In the middle of the Summer we are doing a new series called "The Peoples Choice." We will have some of the sermons up on the web from the past year, so that everyone will be able to vote for their favorite sermons. Then I will preach the top 4 back to back for 4 weeks. Get ready!

More even to come, Galatians, Chase the Lion, Advent, God at the Billboards, a series called God, Love and Sex... and the list continues. I am so pumped about what God is going to be doing in our services in the next year!

This weekend is our last Cantaloupe Sermon. We are challenging every Christ Follower to begin the Biblical practice of tithing. It will be great as we learn to trust God!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey dude! Hope you're doing well! Tell Dara I said hey. And for crying out loud, visit my new blog since you never visited my old one...