Saturday, March 03, 2007

UNLOCKED.

Well my blog was locked for a few days. It was considered a "potential Spam Blog." Whatever that really is.

It is funny. I know that I haven't been very faithful to blog on a regular basis this new year, but Thursday when I was really ready - it was locked up.

I am glad that is back to normal. I am trying to get some rhythm to my life. We have been working hard as a family to set up some boundaries and try to live by them.

I resisted it a bit at first, but now I am really ready to run with it. This new year has been pretty overwhelming at times, and talking it out with Dara and making a real plan has been helpful.

The last few days have been great. I have been fasting with only juice or smoothies since Wednesday. I have loved it. Fasting really is FUN. I have had some clear thoughts d been able to dial in my listening skills with God.

The first few days I was hungry at times, and my stomach growled a bit. But now I am not even hungry. (I still miss the eating crunchy things). I even cooked a whole beef stew for the family today. It smelled awesome. Dara and Awnna said it was great. I think I am going to freeze some of it!

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Jason and Shari(our worship leaders) will be leaving after tomorrow. They have done a great job in helping us get to this point.

We are also finishing our sermon series called Baggage. It deals with overcoming depression. There are so many people who battle with this, it is amazing.

Chances are before your life is over you will be dramatically effected by someone who has a bout with depression.

Check out the podcast on Monday. It is usually up and running but Sunday evening.

1 comment:

Gary Lamb said...

dude, I just refound your blog. Awesome to hear what God is doing there. I always have a soft spot for Iowa.

I will be praying for you during the fast. I did a 39 day fast of only juice and water before planting the church here and it was amazing.

I thought if I went 40 days I would get a big head. :)