Friday, March 30, 2007

easter weekend

I am at the office finishing up for the new Series, He Came He Conquered. (I challenge you to use the e invite on www.jordancreek.org to invite your friends) Anyway just thinking about who Jesus is and what he means to me.

I have had several interesting conversations this week from people from all kinds of backgrounds. I spent an hour alking with a woman who is openly agnostic, but admits she doesnt really know anything about the Bible. She really is pretty dis-enfranchised from the church due to some crazy experiences in the past in a dysfunctional church. I also spoke with some guys from an Amish/ Mennonite background.

So in just today alone I have dealt with who is Jesus and what does it mean to be born again, to infant baptism, the anti-war sentiments and sowing your wild oats peppered with several "well i just believe" statements with no real text or evidence to back it up.

So very fitting as we look at this weekend about who Jesus is, why he came and can we be sure of our faith in Jesus.

Next weekend on easter we will be looking solely at the resurrection.

Invite your friends. I am thinking of celebrating Easter with Communion this year as well.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Wow, those kinds of situations remind us to be prayed up and "ready in season and out"! I admire how willing you are to take time to talk to people that others have probably written off or just didn't want to deal with them. If we could all do that, it would ROCK the kingdom of God. I'm excited for Easter, too!

joshua said...

I love to be able to have a real conversation with people. I think the church has dropped the ball in the area of making it a safe place to ask real questions. People have real questions and the church should be open to answer them, or at least discuss them!

Easter Baby! Here we come!