Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trying to get back to normal life

I brought Dara home from the hospital today. Then headed off to get her some real medication. It is crazy to be a dad and a mom. I am learning that working two jobs is easier than being a full time mom.

Everything is going OK, and Dara is recovering. I have once again remembered how much I hate to fold laundry. My normal jobs are helping with the trash, mopping, and helping clean up with dishes. Dara usually handles the clothing department. I am accustomed to switching the loads some, but the whole nine yards isn't fun. I am thinking about how we can make this a better system in our new house...

There has to be a better way. Maybe it is taking it all to the cleaners! So my new prayer is that we can get a dry cleaners owner to become a regular part of our church and want to "bless" the pastor by taking care of all the laundry... Is that a carnal prayer? nah... Its all about the kingdom with me.

I do want to say thank you to everyone who has offered to take my kids, and bring food an flowers. Amazing. It really shows how much we are loved. Thank you.

Now that I think about, Pastor Lori offered to do the laundry...What was I thinking when I said that I had it under control?

Thanks again to everyone.

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

See...you robbed me of a blessing! :) The laundry offer still holds. Dara will feel 100% after a good Pastor Lori lasagna dinner Thursday night! It fixes everything. We love you guys.

joshua said...

Sorry, I need to take the advice I gave you the other day. To be able to ask for help!