Friday, October 13, 2006

Thursday Thursday Thursday

Well I have decided that what the IT guys at the church consider easy and no problem is not easy and a problem.

The guys told me that to fix my computer all I had to do was reformat and reinstall XP pro again. Just a few simple things they say, and after that no problem.

Well, not so. After several hours on the phone with Dell and Microsoft, and Jason Huffey, I am pretty much back up and running. There are a few drivers I couldn't get installed or functioning, but over all I am good to go.

I must admit, that it is a good feeling to know I did this. I don't want to do it again though.

I am ready for a Macbook. I was Mac in Ames, then went back to PC with the new church plant, thinking it was better since more people have PC. Argh. The old line is true, "once you go Mac, you cant go back."

anyways.

Today was frustrating to say the least. But at the end of the day profitable for me.

1 comment:

Stephanie Doll Photography said...

hey josh this is jeff doll. i'm posting under stephanies account thing cause i don't have one. but if you need any help with any of that kind of stuff i used to be somewhat of a pc guru before switching to mac. i havn't used it in a while but i've reformatted/restored my old sony laptop probably 10 or 15 times so i've got the jist of it down pretty well. sounds like your up and running again but if you need any help ever you can give me a call or email me