Thursday, September 03, 2009

Marriage Matters

Check this post from Bil Cornelius. Awesome read.

Help! I Married The Wrong Person!

When marriage gets tough, the answer is not to run out on your spouse (not to mention the kids), but to stick it out. The problem with just leaving the relationship is that you have to take you with you! If you messed up the last marriage and didn’t learn anything, then you will mess up the next one too! The answer is to stay together, to let the dream die of “someone out there that’s better,” and realize that GOD IS BIG ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR CURRENT MARRIAGE WORK! Time and again I hear of couples struggling to stay together and I can tell you that time and again there are only a few things that consistently will create the best odds of making a marriage last:

1. Spend uninterrupted time together every day.

2. Keep no secrets no matter how painful it is to reveal.

3. As and act of worship to God, begin serving your spouse immediately…even if you don’t feel like it.

4. Choose to never bring up divorce as an option.

5. Cut off all relationships (even friends and family) that encourage you to divorce your spouse.

6. If you need it, go see a counselor…I can hear you now saying “it’s too expensive!” Trust me, divorce attorney’s cost more.

I have to confess, I may come across a little strong here, because I married well above my head! Having said that, these principles work. Hope this helps. Comments anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An increasingly skeptical news media isn't buying into the hype of HD SIMON & SIMON
and Blu-ray, especially not after wasting millions of editorial words on SIMON & SIMON DVD
. We also illustrate the various features that SIMON & SIMON DVD COLLECTION
.

Today, Hogan scarpe
is the largest company in the world producing the sports products. it is advisable to pick Hogan scarpe donna
. I’m not just simply raving about every skyscraping but hogan donna
. I'm totally in love with the fabulous sporty shoes like Hogan scarpe uomo
.
I've been a huge fan of Breitling Watches
for many years. I stumbled across them after I'd made up my mind to buy a Breitling Avenger
. After quickly comparing both Navitimer World
I just fell in love with the slightly classic look and robust lines of the Bentley Motors T
.