Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend

Today went well over all. I felt like I overworked the sermon today, couple that with physically not feeling well... and tadah, today.

Anyway, I am still reeling from the Catalyst conference, and feel like my mind is on information overload. I am going to retype my notes tomorrow. I will try to post some thoughts from the leadership conference. It amazes me how "leadership" pushes all of us. It is not just a switch you turn on, but its something that continues to grow, as we learn from others, by mistakes and successes.

Looks like we finished off the mymarriageisdead.com series well with 23 people giving their hearts to Christ. To God be the Glory. So awesome.

I am excited to continue to follow up with these people. I know God is wanting to do great things in the city.

My heart is thoroughly stirred to serve our city. The church needs to BE the church, not just exist. My heart breaks for the one distant form a God who love them so much.

Yesterday I took the kids downtown to pass out water and granola bars. We met a homeless man named Oscar who has a broken shoulder. That really moved the kids, to be injured and have to live on the street. Just after that I watched a ladies van being repossessed.

I pray these moments leave an indelible mark on the minds of our kids.

We will be gearing up for a big Thanksgiving Adopt a Family dinner. More details to come on that.

JCFC -Building Relationships, Encountering God, Serving Others.

No comments: