Tuesday, September 16, 2008

weekend update

Another fine weekend at JCFC. The weather was great, and cooled off by the time service was over.

We jumped right into the second sermon in the series, www.mymarriageisdead.com called Perfect Seasoning.

There were at least 6 more people who gave their heart to Jesus this week, and I was able to connect with several families on Monday who are receiving some help in their marriage.

We are praying for 100 families to have major changes in their marriage due to this series. It is happening...

I got an email today from a couple in the church. Check this out (I changed the names...)

June and I have really connected with the current series and feel our marriage is already stronger just because we have focused on communication and each other. Without this series I don’t know that we would have taken the time to really talk about the things that we appreciate about each other. June and I have been married for eight years and together for 15 so there is a certain comfort that comes with that much time together. We both just assumed that there was a general understanding of love and appreciation. I know the assumption was correct but there is something far more powerful about taking the time to vocalize our feelings for each other. Like all marriages, we are not perfect, but we are better than we were two weeks ago. Keep up the good work. Can’t wait for the rest!

Keep praying, I am getting emails and hearing lots of talk about marriages becoming more healthy each week.

No comments: